"Will be available soon"
Our Private Training
PRIVATE (ONE-ON-ONE) LESSONS - IN HOME
Private Lessons can be done in one of two ways:
- In-Home - In the comfort of your own home (Covered on this page)
- At-School - Further Goal training facility (Covered here) Not Available at this time.
Personal One-on-One Lesson
- Train your dog privately one-on-one with a trainer, in the comfort of your own home.
- Customize your training to your needs
- Train on your schedule
- Train in the comfort of your own home
- Train the whole family in how to work with your dog
- Train your dog in the environment they live is
- Work on issues you may be experiencing in your own neighborhood
- You will learn how to recognize and address basic problems.
- You will learn how to handle your dog around other dogs.
- You will learn how to understand your dogs behavior.
- We will look at your needs, and formulate a training program that works for you.
- We will look at your home environment and suggest ways to improve your situation
- We will talk to family members (and friends) and help with the problems at hand
- If relevant, we will provide you with a training curriculum of your course
- This may cover Homework; Drills of the Week, Tips on Training and other information
- It will also include some Free Dog Training Tips
Some of the Dog Behavior Issues we can address in Private Lessons
- Pulling on leash
- Biting (minor bites)
- Breeding of dogs
- Puppy Behavior
- Crate training your dog
- Food and feeding
More than one dog
- If you have more than one dog that needs training, we can do that as well
- There may be a small charge for additional dogs
- There are no pre-requisites for private lessons EXCEPT AGGRESSION CASES (see below)
Aggression related issues
We define aggression as being when a dog is lunging, trying to bite or has bitten another person or dog
- Please note that Private Lessons do NOT address aggression related issues
- We do work with Aggression Related cases, but though our Aggression Rehab program HERE.
- If your dog has completed the Behavior Evaluation, and been cleared, then you may continue with Private Lessons.
- If you fail to disclose your dog has been aggressive, we may cancel, suspend or stop the lesson, and you will still be billed.
- Please understand this is for the safety of our staff
- We are more than happy to work with you on aggression issues; we just need to follow our Safety Protocols
- Please note we do NOT turn dogs away due to aggression issues.
- You will only need a leash and collar to start.
- Please don't purchase anything additional until you have chatted with us.
- We will gladly guide you in what you need to train.
What do I need for my first lesson
- For your first lesson, you may need a leash and a collar.
- Your instructor will discuss various options for equipment.
Can children participate or train in lessons
- We encourage kids to participate in training of their dogs
- Most of the instructors have been training since childhood, so this is important to us.
- We do have some important limitations:
- We define children to be anyone under 18 years of age
- Children actively participating in lessons should to be at least 8 years of age (Instructors can approve younger kids)
- Children need to be behaved, cooperative, willing and happy to be involved - no pressure from parents!
- Parents MUST be PRESENT at all times during lessons
- Finally, parents MUST READ this article on prey drive
Duration of Lesson
- The initial one or two lessons run a little longer, generally around two hours in duration
- This allows us to get to know you, and you to get to know us
- It also allows the trainer to build a relationship with your dog, before they get down to structured training.
- It gives you the chance to discuss your needs, and ask tons of questions.
- Subsequent lessons are generally 1 hour.
- If you have specific needs, these can be addressed with your trainer.
What does Private Training Cost
Being on time and Cancelling Appointments
- We respect your time, and will make every effort to be on schedule and on time for an appointment
- We respectfully ask you do the same with us.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please let us know at least 48 hours in advance (excluding weekends)
- If you running late, please let us know, so that we can try and accommodate you.
- Instructors normally book their lessons in blocks, so if a trainer runs late it affects everyone else.
- Private lessons are personalized for you.
- Make notes of things that happen during the week, and bring these to your trainers attention.
- You can also contact if something comes up and you need help
- We are here to serve you, so please let us do so..
- We will offer a Lifetime Support for the life of your dog. Email, Phone, Skype, and there will be a little charge for Home Visits.